Giverny and Claude Monet Tour, May 26th 2018
- Pickup in a private car at your hotel.
- Tour the Giverny Gardens with Annie and Elyse
- Visit the Giverny Museum of Impressionism
- Lunch at Giverny (food not included)
- Return to your hotel by 6 PM
- When you tour with Annie and Elyse, you’re with family!
- Small group of maximum 14 people so we can all get to know each other.
- Tour leaders you know from the Join Us in France travel podcast.
- Fun and interesting visits to Paris’ top attractions
- Convivial group atmosphere, tour with fellow Francophiles.
- We will take you to neighborhood French restaurants and will introduce you to the wines we love
- Expert, licensed guide
- We know the stories that make a place come alive
- Practice your French with Annie (not mandatory except for “bonjour”!)
- Improve your photography skills with Annie
- We will provide you with a list of suggested hotels at various price points, so each person can find a place that suits them
Choose you Own Hotel
We provide you with a list of hotels that we’ve selected (some of them we have tried personally, all come highly recommended) that are all within a few blocks of our daily meeting point. You could also choose to rent an Air B&B so long as it is reasonable close to our meeting point. You may stay wherever you would like, but keep in mind that getting to the meeting point on time is extremely important.
Who Goes on Our Tours
This tour is for people who enjoy small groups, are interested in French culture and are able to walk a good amount each day. You do NOT need to speak French to enjoy every aspect of the tour, but if you would like to practice your French, you will have opportunities to do so. This tour is not appropriate for children. Travelers come from all over the world, but the tour as well as all activities are conducted in English.
This is not a bus tour, we will either walk or use public transportation. The cost of public transportation is included; tour members may choose to hire a taxi at their own cost.
Punctuality is important to so each day can proceed as planned.
You may come alone, with your partner, or friends. You will most likely make new friends while on the tour because we encourage a convivial atmosphere.
Sometimes the schedule needs to be modified at the last minute due to weather conditions and other unexpected events.
Travelers are strongly advised to have international health and emergency evacuation coverage. Trip cancellation/interruption insurance is strongly recommended.
- Full-time guiding
- All local public transportation (not to and from the airport)
- Entrance into museums (Eiffel Tower not included*)
- Welcome drinks / aperitif
- Farewell dinner
- Fast admission to all museums, but there are security checks everywhere in France even if we buy the tickets in advance for the group (which we always do!)
- Special events:
- Wine tasting
- Classical music concert
- Visit to the top of the Montparnasse Tower
- River cruise on the Seine
What’s NOT Included
- Meals (except for the welcome drinks/apéro and farewell dinner)
- Travel to and from the Airport (We recommend tour members arrange to share an Uber ride and will help you make such arrangements.)
- Air Fare
Tour Activity Level
We will be walking as much as 3 to 5 miles per day, stairs, uneven pavement, cobblestone, etc. Bring your most comfortable walking shoes
Things to Do Ahead of Time
- In case of emergency, prepare a list of medications you take and allergies you are subject to. You will need to keep this list on your person at all times.
- Make a photocopy of your passport and credit cards and keep it in your hotel.
- Notify your bank that you will be travelling to France so they don’t block your credit card.
- Do not bring checks or check book to France, you won’t be able to use them anywhere!
- Buy travel insurance that includes medical transportation back to your country if necessary.
- Buy travel insurance that includes trip cancellation.
Things You Will Need
- A rain jacket or umbrella
- Your most comfortable walking shoes
- A purse or bag that can be placed across your torso and has a zipper
- Comfortable and casual clothes, for the concert and evening bring something business casual
- Bring all medications that you might need during your stay
*If you wish to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower, you must make your reservations in advance. Security lines are usually long at the Eiffel Tower.
When choosing a hotel, keep in mind that the meeting and drop-off place for this tour is going to be in front of the Fontaine Saint Michel on place Saint Michel , 75006 Paris. There are dozens of hotels near that location, choose whichever one suits your needs better. Annie will probably stay at the Saint Séverin. Elyse likes to stay at Grand Hôtel des Balcons. Please review hotel amenities and refund policy carefully before making your choice.
Familia Hotel (untested but we’ve heard good things)
Hôtel Saint-Paul Rive-Gauche (600 meters away, recommended by Philip Oswald on the Join Us in France Closed Group)
Hotel Excelsior Latin (700 meters away, recommended by Philip Oswald on the Join Us in France Closed Group)
Hôtel des 3 Collèges (750 meters away, recommended by Philip Oswald on the Join Us in France Closed Group)
Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Près (350 meters away, recommended by Anne Beckinsale on the Join Us in France Closed Group)