Giverny and Claude Monet Tour, Saturday May 4th 2019
- Pickup in a private car at your hotel around 9 AM
- Tour the Giverny Gardens with Annie
- Visit the Giverny Museum of Impressionism
- Lunch at Giverny (food not included)
- Time permitting, we will visit Les Andelys
- Return to your hotel between, 6 and 8 PM
- There is a 3 person minimum for this tour
Who Goes on Our Tours
This tour is for people who enjoy small groups, are interested in French culture and are able to walk a good amount each day. You do NOT need to speak French to enjoy every aspect of the tour, but if you would like to practice your French, you will have opportunities to do so. This tour is not appropriate for children. Travelers come from all over the world, but the tour as well as all activities are conducted in English.
This is private car tour.
Punctuality is important to so each day can proceed as planned.
Sometimes the schedule needs to be modified at the last minute due to weather conditions and other unexpected events.
Travelers are strongly advised to have international health and emergency evacuation coverage. Trip cancellation/interruption insurance is strongly recommended.
- Full-time guiding
- Transportation (not to and from the airport)
- Entrance into museums
What’s NOT Included
- Travel to and from the Airport
- Air Fare
Tour Activity Level
We will be walking as much as 3 to 5 miles per day, stairs, uneven pavement, cobblestone, etc. Bring your most comfortable walking shoes. We can accommodate people of all ages.
Things to Do Ahead of Time
- In case of emergency, prepare a list of medications you take and allergies you are subject to. You will need to keep this list on your person at all times.
- Make a photocopy of your passport and credit cards and keep it in your hotel.
- Notify your bank that you will be traveling to France so they don’t block your credit card.
- Do not bring checks or check book to France, you won’t be able to use them anywhere!
- Buy travel insurance that includes medical transportation back to your country if necessary.
- Buy travel insurance that includes trip cancellation.
Things You Will Need
- A rain jacket or umbrella
- Your most comfortable walking shoes
- A purse or bag that can be placed across your torso and has a zipper
- Comfortable and casual clothes, for the concert and evening bring something business casual
- Bring all medications that you might need during your stay
Pickup around 9 AM at your hotel
Visit the Museum at Giverny
Visit Monet’s house and garden
Time Permitting: Drive to Les Andelys, go up to Château-Gaillard, see the views of the Seine River that so many artists painted, drive through the small town
Return to your hotel between 6 PM and 8 PM
When choosing a hotel, keep in mind that the meeting and drop-off place for this tour is going to be in front of the Fontaine Saint Michel on place Saint Michel , 75006 Paris. There are dozens of hotels near that location, choose whichever one suits your needs better. Annie will probably stay at the Saint Séverin. Elyse likes to stay at Grand Hôtel des Balcons. Please review hotel amenities and refund policy carefully before making your choice.
Familia Hotel (untested but we’ve heard good things)
Hôtel Saint-Paul Rive-Gauche (600 meters away, recommended by Philip Oswald on the Join Us in France Closed Group)
Hotel Excelsior Latin (700 meters away, recommended by Philip Oswald on the Join Us in France Closed Group)
Hôtel des 3 Collèges (750 meters away, recommended by Philip Oswald on the Join Us in France Closed Group)
Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Près (350 meters away, recommended by Anne Beckinsale on the Join Us in France Closed Group)