The Oct 2017 Paris Tour is from Oct 1st, 2017 until Oct 7st, 2017
Reserve your place right now with a deposit of 250€ per person.
Payment in full (1,350€ minus deposit, minus discount if you put down your deposit in June) is due by Sept 1st, 2017.
Refund Policy: Your deposit is refundable in full up to Sept 1st, 2017.
If the tour is cancelled by Addicted to France at any time, all money will be refunded.
Additional Excursions available on Sept 30th (Giverny) and Oct 8th (Versaille)
You will be accompanied all day and every evening by either Annie or Elyse (or both).
Elyse will be your own expert guide in the museums and for historical visits, and Annie will be your neighborhood leader and photography instructor.
Each night we will have dinner in a different restaurant, getting a taste of French specialties and local wines. There will be some free time and shopping time for those who want it.
|TOUR BEGINS||Tour starts at 4:00 PM on Oct 1st, 2017|
|TOUR ENDS||Tour ends late on Oct 7th, 2017|
|FIRST DAY MEETING PLACE||Café Le Petit Suisse, 16 rue de Vaugirard, 75006 Paris|
|WEAR||Comfortable shoes, you will definitely get your 10,000 steps each day!|
In order to allow for differences in taste and requirements, we are going to provide a list of suggested hotels as soon as you reserve, from 2 to 4 star, all within walking distance of our daily meeting place in the Latin Quarter. Reserve early to get the best price!
The group will be small enough for us to get to know you all very well, with a minimum of 8 people and a maximum of 14.**
Enrollment will end on Sept 1st, sign up now! Come with your partner, your friend, a member of the family – you will have a great time.
** This tour demands a lot of city walking and so is designed for those who can spend a full day on their feet. This is a tour for adults only.
- When you tour with Annie and Elyse, you’re with family!
- Small group of maximum 14 people so we can all get to know each other.
- Tour leaders you know from the Join Us in France travel podcast.
- Fun and interesting visits to Paris’ top attractions
- Convivial group atmosphere, tour with fellow Francophiles.
- We will take you to neighborhood French restaurants and will introduce you to the wines we love
- Expert, licensed guide
- We know the stories that make a place come alive
- Practice your French with Annie (not mandatory except for “bonjour”!)
- Improve your photography skills with Annie
- We will provide you with a list of suggested hotels at various price points, so each person can find a place that suits them
Choose you Own Hotel
We provide you with a list of hotels that we’ve selected (some of them we have tried personally, all come highly recommended) that are all within a few blocks of our daily meeting point. You could also choose to rent an Air B&B so long as it is reasonable close to our meeting point. You may stay wherever you would like, but keep in mind that getting to the meeting point on time is extremely important.
Who Goes on Our Tours
This tour is for people who enjoy small groups, are interested in French culture and are able to walk a good amount each day. You do NOT need to speak French to enjoy every aspect of the tour, but if you would like to practice your French, you will have opportunities to do so. This tour is not appropriate for children. Travelers come from all over the world, but the tour as well as all activities are conducted in English.
This is not a bus tour, we will either walk or use public transportation. The cost of public transportation is included; tour members may choose to hire a taxi at their own cost.
Punctuality is important to so each day can proceed as planned.
You may come alone, with your partner, or friends. You will most likely make new friends while on the tour because we encourage a convivial atmosphere.
Sometimes the schedule needs to be modified at the last minute due to weather conditions and other unexpected events.
Travelers are strongly advised to have international health and emergency evacuation coverage. Trip cancellation/interruption insurance is strongly recommended.
- Full-time guiding
- All local public transportation (not to and from the airport)
- Entrance into museums (Eiffel Tower not included*)
- Welcome drinks / aperitif
- Farewell dinner
- Fast admission to all museums, but there are security checks everywhere in France even if we buy the tickets in advance for the group (which we always do!)
- Special events:
- Wine tasting
- Classical music concert
- Visit to the top of the Montparnasse Tower
- River cruise on the Seine
What’s NOT Included
- Meals (except for the welcome drinks/apéro and farewell dinner)
- Travel to and from the Airport (We recommend tour members arrange to share an Uber ride and will help you make such arrangements.)
- Air Fare
Tour Activity Level
We will be walking as much as 3 to 5 miles per day, stairs, uneven pavement, cobblestone, etc. Bring your most comfortable walking shoes
Things to Do Ahead of Time
- In case of emergency, prepare a list of medications you take and allergies you are subject to. You will need to keep this list on your person at all times.
- Make a photocopy of your passport and credit cards and keep it in your hotel.
- Notify your bank that you will be travelling to France so they don’t block your credit card.
- Do not bring checks or check book to France, you won’t be able to use them anywhere!
- Buy travel insurance that includes medical transportation back to your country if necessary.
- Buy travel insurance that includes trip cancellation.
Things You Will Need
- A rain jacket or umbrella
- Your most comfortable walking shoes
- A purse or bag that can be placed across your torso and has a zipper
- Comfortable and casual clothes, for the concert and evening bring something business casual
- Bring all medications that you might need during your stay
*If you wish to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower, you must make your reservations in advance. Security lines are usually long at the Eiffel Tower.
October 2017 Paris Tour Day-by-Day
This schedule is tentative; we usually need to re-order items to adapt to weather conditions. We will add extras if time permits. All entrance fees included in the price of your tour. Meals not included unless specified. We make restaurant reservations wherever possible, but several of the fantastic restaurants we want to patronize do not accept reservations, so we have to negotiate–so far it has worked out great, let’s hope it stays that way!
Sunday, Day 1
Stroll through the Luxembourg gardens with Elyse
Apéritif at a nearby Wine Bar and Tapas (included in the price of your tour).
9 PM Bâteaux mouches
Day 2, Monday
Lunch at brasserie Le Saint-Régis
Place de la concorde
Free time / Rest time
Dinner at Père Louis
Tuesday, Day 3
Lunch at Café Campana inside of the Musée d’Orsay
Photography “Class” + Crypte Archéologique + Concert
Go out for a drink and nibbles after the concert
Wednesday, Day 4
Louvre Museum with Elyse
Lunch at the Caroussel du Louvre
Wine Tasting (included in the price of your tour)
Dinner near the hotel
Thursday, Day 5
Lunch at Cafeteria Galleries Lafayettes
Dinner at Crêperie de Josselin
Friday, Day 5
Lunch at L’As du Fallafel
Dinner at the Latin Quarter
Saturday, Day 6
Latin Quarter (Pantheon, Sorbonne, Saint Etienne du Mont, rue Moufttard
Eiffel Tower, Trocadero
Farewell dinner at Essaouira (Moroccan Restaurant, included in the price of your tour)
When choosing a hotel, keep in mind that the meeting and drop-off place for this tour is going to be in front of the Fontaine Saint Michel on place Saint Michel , 75006 Paris. There are dozens of hotels near that location, choose whichever one suits your needs better. Annie will probably stay at the Saint Séverin. Elyse likes to stay at Grand Hôtel des Balcons. Please review hotel amenities and refund policy carefully before making your choice.
Familia Hotel (untested but we’ve heard good things)
Hôtel Saint-Paul Rive-Gauche (600 meters away, recommended by Philip Oswald on the Join Us in France Closed Group)
Hotel Excelsior Latin (700 meters away, recommended by Philip Oswald on the Join Us in France Closed Group)
Hôtel des 3 Collèges (750 meters away, recommended by Philip Oswald on the Join Us in France Closed Group)
Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Près (350 meters away, recommended by Anne Beckinsale on the Join Us in France Closed Group)